Thursday, July 17, 2014

Counting Songs

I wanted to share a little something I use in my classroom every day. It is the skip counting songs by Have Fun Teaching.



My class absolutely adores the songs, and during my observations they were dying to share with my assistant principal. They can sing all the words and I have seen a great improvement in their multiplication skills. They are able to skip count by all numbers in order to find out the answer to a multiplication problem.

Each video has a different animal or person dancing and it shows the numbers as they count up. I usually close the projector after one round each day so they can practice without seeing the number. Every year each class has their favorite and they usually have dance moves to go with each song!

I would highly recommend these songs! You can watch them on youtube, but the Have Fun Teaching site gives you the ability to buy the songs in DVD form for $20. They are not paying me for this and have no idea who I am, I just love the product so much!

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome!! My students skip count daily to help with their multiplication facts as well while doing different stretches. They will love this so much more!! :) Thank you!
    Courtney
    Teaching in Paradise

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!