Saturday, February 2, 2013

Super Sunday Sale!

http://www.theschoolsupplyaddict.com/uploads/1/0/9/8/10989398/super_sunday_sale_3.jpg 

I'm super excited for the Super Sunday sale tomorrow! I will be happily munching on buffalo chicken dip, guacamole and watching the Super Bowl ads. I will also be filling my cart to the brim with TpT goodies! To take advantage of this great sale, click my store, and enter SUPER at checkout!

My most recently added product is my Fraction Unit. Before I  saw the CCSS standards for fractions, I had never thought about putting fractions on a number line. Now that I have done this with my class, I see the benefits for the students of understanding how fractions work.



 After placing fractions on the number line, both visually and with numbers, I moved to comparing fractions. The 3rd grade CCSS requires comparing fraction with like numerators or denominators. They understood the common denominators, but numerators were a little more difficult. This is where manipulatives were helpful!


Comparing fractions led to equivalent fractions. With these lessons, manipulatives are so important! We used fractions strips that are in our math kit.


There are 3 games included in this packet as well as a number line for the bulletin board. I hope this is helpful for you!

Click here to purchase Fractions ~ Number Lines, Equivalents, and Comparing. A FREEBIE of the Comparing Fraction page seen here is available in the preview!

5 comments:

  1. Your Fractions file is great! I snapped it up on special yesterday and can't wait to use it with my students. I've used your pages to make a series of SMARTnotebook slides so I can teach using it and make it more interactive for the whole class. (I noticed one error: the blue 8ths rectangle has 2 that are 7/8 and no 8/8 one...nothing a marker can't fix)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for pointing it out. I have fixed the mistake and anyone who has bought the product can redownload it for free. Please email me (click envelope icon) and I will send you a free product of your choosing as a thank you! I'm excited you are using it on your SMART board, I hope it works well for you!

      Delete
  2. Your blog is too cute!! I love it! I'm your newest follower. Thanks for sharing!

    adventuresofroom129.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy following your blog! The Fractions Unit looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy following your blog. Your Fraction Unit looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!